EARN AN ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE, OR CERTIFICATE, OR COMPLETE YOUR BACHELOR’S DEGREE ONLINE FOR FREE—PAY NOTHING FOR TUITION, FEES, OR E-BOOKS!
Earn an Associate’s degree or certificate—for free!
Complete your Bachelor’s Degree—for free!
Pay nothing for tuition, fees, or e-books – a savings of at least $20,000!
Open to eligible SEIU members and their families1
Choose from several online programs offered by Eastern Gateway Community College (EGCC)2 and Central State University (CSU)3
Your college degree is within reach!
Federal, state, and employer grants don’t always cover the full cost of earning a degree online. SEIU is proud to partner with Eastern Gateway Community College and Central State University to help eligible students fill the financial gap.
Associate’s Degree or Certificate
EGCC welcomes anyone with a high school diploma or GED regardless of past academic performance. Associate’s degrees or certificates available in:
Business Management (with certificates in Advertising, Cyber Security, Data Science, Digital and Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Management, Healthcare Management, Hospitality, Human Resources, Information Systems, Labor Studies, or Programming and Development)
Patient Home Navigator4
Healthcare Administration (Associate of Arts)
Eligible SEIU members and family members may also enroll in other online programs at EGCC such as Medical Coding, Health Information Management, IT, Fire Science and more, but students may be required to pay for the strict industry-recognized content for some courses.
Bachelor’s degrees5 available in:
Read our Frequently Asked Questions or call 1-855-469-SEIU (7348) toll free to talk to an advisor.
See below to enroll in either the Associate’s or Bachelor’s degrees or the Certificate program and receive your SEIU Free College Benefit:
Register or sign in to your SEIU Member account and click Get Started.
Complete the online CSU or EGCC application.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit any required verification. Any grant award must be applied to tuition, fees and e-book charges. CSU’s school code is 003026 and EGCC’s school code is 007275.
Verify that you have received a high school diploma or equivalent by having official transcripts sent to either CSU6or to EGCC.
That’s it! The SEIU Free College Benefit covers the difference between any federal, state, or employer education grants you receive and the cost of tuition, fees, and e-books.
Take the next step toward your future—apply now!
1. Eligible SEIU members are full dues paying members in good standing, and their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, siblings and financial dependents. Retirees and their families are also eligible.
2. Eastern Gateway Community College is part of the University System of Ohio and regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
3. Central State University is part of the University System of Ohio and is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
4. Certificate program only.
5. Students must have an Associate’s Degree or more than 60 transferable credits into the program of their choice, with a CGPA of 2.2 or more in order to enroll in the Bachelor’s Completion programs. Students needing to earn pre-requisite credits or boost their CGPA can do so through EGCC.
6. You will need to submit official college transcripts from every college or university you have attended. Please do not send unofficial transcripts unless specifically requested. Please send your transcripts via secured electronic delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send in PDF format with your FIRST and LAST name included in the file name.
"SEIU is investing in you and your future and now it’s time that you do the same!" "I’m forever grateful for this opportunity…"
-Denee, SEIU HCIIMK
“I'm a student! Starting 8/20. Thank you SEIU for making it possible!”
–Rhonda M., SEIU 503